This helpful summary is only a guide to the key rules for entering. It is not a substitute for reading the full Rules, which can be found in our downloads.
1. The work has aired, launched or been released to the public for the first time between 1 February 2017 and 28 February 2018. If a campaign exceeds this period, a minimum of two thirds falls within this window.
2. The work has been created within the context of a normal paying contract with a client OR if it’s a case of self-promotion or a non-profit organisation, the client must have approved all of the media/production/implementation.
3. You have permission to enter this work from the commissioning client/brand-owning company and you have included the client contact details. We may request proof of this permission at any time. The Festival reserves the right to contact the client, if necessary and the entrant shall notify the client accordingly.
4. The work has been submitted exactly as published/aired/released and must not be modified for the awards entry.
5. The work is not speculative or conceptual advertising, and has not been banned or withdrawn from airing.
6. A senior officer (CD, CEO or Chairman) from your company has given permission for this work to be entered.
7. Entries will be accepted on the basis that:
They are designed specifically for and to run in the *MENA region and are created by agencies in the MENA region
They are designed specifically for and to run in the *MENA region and are created by agencies outside the MENA region
They are designed to run globally as long as they are created by agencies in the *MENA region.
*For the purpose of Dubai Lynx, the MENA region includes: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Ghana, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Kenya, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Westbank & Gaza, Western Sahara, Yemen.
8. The work was not entered to the same Dubai Lynx Award the previous year. You can enter the work into an alternative Dubai Lynx Award, provided it meets the eligibility date requirements.
9. There is no reference to your agency or any contributing creative companies in any digital or physical materials and all supporting case films and materials are correct and final versions. These cannot be changed later.
10. The work, and/or case film can be understood in English. (See supporting material guidelines).
11. At the point you complete and pay for your entry all media submitted must be the final version. Without exception, no replacement or additional media can be accepted after an entry has been finalised and received by the Festival.
12. If new results are collected after the entry has been paid for, we will only accept additional written information in the results section of the entry form up to 16 February 2018.
13. You understand that entries withdrawn after 16 February 2018 are not eligible for a refund.
If you're unable to confirm each point on the list, your work may be ineligible for Dubai Lynx 2018. Failure to meet all these requirements could see your entry being disqualified or withdrawn without a refund.