The Press Centre is provided by Dubai Lynx as a dedicated facility for the sole use of professional journalists, photographers and reporters from the region’s media.
We aim to create an environment where people can work efficiently and comfortably to provide coverage of and commentary about the Festival, in the interest of their audiences and the benefit of the creative industry as a whole.
Members of the press who attend Dubai Lynx agree to abide by the terms set out in our code of conduct. Anybody who does not behave according to these standards will receive a formal warning which may result in their or the media they represent having their press accreditation revoked for that Festival, and possibly future Festivals owned and run by Cannes Lions or its parent company Ascential plc.
We thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
1. Journalists who attend Dubai Lynx receive privileged information and Award Winners’ lists in advance of the winners themselves being notified. This information is provided strictly under embargo. Information must not be published or otherwise shared – verbally or in writing, in any channel including digital and social media - before the stated embargo expiry time.
2. Dubai Lynx expect all accredited media representatives to behave in a professional manner at all times, in the Press Centre and across the Festival venues. No form of antisocial or threatening behaviour, including rudeness or aggression, towards Dubai Lynx or Madinat Jumeirah staff, or anybody else associated with the Festival, will be tolerated.
3. A Dubai Lynx press pass gives complimentary access to all official Festival events, including the Press Centre. It does not include line-skipping privileges, early access, backstage or VIP access or assigned seating to any content seminars. A limited number of spaces are available for the Award Ceremony and must be requested when applying for accreditation.
4. Press passes will be checked regularly in and around the Festival venue. A press pass may only be used by the named holder. As with all delegate passes, any press pass that is found to be in use by somebody other than the named holder will be confiscated.
5. Filming of the Awards Ceremonies and content sessions is strictly forbidden. For information on filming please read the guidelines provided.
The following rules apply to photographers:
1. Photographers who wish to attend any of the Award Cermeonies must sign up at the Press Centre desk and enter in the specially assigned press area.
2. Changes to seminars and sessions can be made at short notice and photographers may be restricted from entering.
3. Photographers who attend seminars and sessions must respect the speakers on stage at all times and agree to stay for the first 10 minutes only.