TERMS & CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions (including Sections A to C) (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the purchase and use of the following services in relation to the Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity (“Dubai Lynx” or the “Festival”):
- the following standard Passes:
- Full Delegate Pass
- Full Delegate Club Pass (3 or 4 Nights)
- Young Lynx Pass
- Young Lynx Club Pass (3 or 4 Nights)
- Student Pass
(each a “Pass”).
- The Festival is organised by Motivate Publishing FZ LLC and administered by Ascential Events (Europe) Limited (“Ascential”). Ascential is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07814172 and registered office at The Prow, 1 Wilder Walk, London W1B 5AP, United Kingdom.
- References to “us” means Ascential and references to “we” and “our” shall be construed accordingly. Reference to “you” means the entity completing a booking form and references to “your” shall be construed accordingly.
- The following age restrictions apply to young delegate Passes:
- Full Young Lynx and Young Lynx Club: Young Lynx must be aged 32 or under (born on or after 11 March 1987). Proof of age e.g. a copy of your passport or driving licence must be uploaded before completing a Young Lynx registration. If Ascential determines at its sole discretion that the proof of age provided is not satisfactory, then Ascential reserves the right to upgrade your young delegate Pass and charge you for the upgraded Pass at the prevailing rate.
- Student Pass: Students must be aged 25 or under (born on or after 11 March 1994), enrolled in full-time education and cannot be/cannot have been employed in the Advertising, Communication, Marketing or Design industries. Proof of age (e.g. a copy of your passport or driving licence), student ID and an enrolment letter must be uploaded before completing a Student registration. If Ascential determines at its sole discretion that the proof of age and/or student enrolment documentation provided is not satisfactory, then Ascential reserves the right to upgrade your Student Pass and charge you for the upgraded Pass at the prevailing rate.
- The purchase and use of each Pass shall be subject to these terms and conditions to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions of business, including any purchase order that the delegate or user may provide.
- In circumstances where Ascential requires proof that you meet certain eligibility criteria as part of an application process, Ascential reserves the right to approve or reject such applications at its absolute discretion. In the event that Ascential rejects an application (acting reasonably), no refund will be provided.
SECTION A – GENERAL PROVISIONS
- You may request a Pass by completing the online order form and submitting it via the My Basket section of your My Account area.
- All requests for a Pass are subject to availability. If you have completed your order request correctly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, if there is availability and if you have made the requisite pre-payment (or provided us with credit/debit card details and authorisation to deduct payment) a confirmation email will be sent to you as soon as reasonably practicable. Your order is confirmed (a “Confirmed Booking”) when we send this email. If there is no availability, we will send you an email as soon as reasonably practicable informing you that this is the case (an “Order Rejection”).
PRICES AND PAYMENT
- Prices are set out on www.dubailynx.com (the “Website”) and, unless otherwise stated, exclude all applicable local taxes. All payments for registration fees must be made in USD or AED (or such other currency as is stipulated on the Website from time to time). Payment must be made, or valid credit/debit card details and authorisation to deduct payment given, at the time you complete your booking.
- Prices may change from time to time. If the price of a Pass increases or decreases before you receive a booking confirmation, we will notify you and ask you to confirm whether you wish to proceed with your booking based on the revised price.
- Early Bird discount: An Early Bird discount (at the rate(s) specified on the Website) will apply to all transactions for standard Passes which are checked-out and completed before 20:00 GMT (Midnight GST) Thursday 23 January 2020. The Early Bird discount applies to Full Delegate, Young Lynx and Student Passes only. Club Passes are excluded from this offer.
- Early Bird Passes which are added to the My Basket section of the My Account Area before 20:00 GMT (Midnight GST) Thursday 23 January 2020 but are not checked-out and paid for before the deadline, are not eligible for the Early Bird discount and will be charged at the full non-discounted rate.No exceptions will be made.
- Payment may be made by either: (i) bank transfer; (ii) credit or debit card; or (iii) cheque. If you elect to pay by bank transfer, payment must be received by Cannes Lions in cleared funds before 20:00 GMT (Midnight GST) Thursday 23 January 2020 for the Early Bird discount to apply. Any payment received after this deadline will not be treated as an Early Bird booking and we reserve the right to charge full price for the booking at the non-discounted rates and claim the difference in value from you as a debt.
- Payment options pre-Midnight GST Monday 24 February 2020: The stated pass fee excludes VAT at 5%, which is applicable to all customers. You may, in certain circumstances, be able to reclaim VAT from your local tax representative. We do not refund VAT.
- Payment may be made by either: (i) bank transfer; (ii) credit or debit card; or (iii) by cheque.
- If you wish to pay by bank transfer, please use the bank account details below. You are responsible for paying all bank charges. A payment description should be included with your payment which references your company name and DD/ reference number.
Bank details: Emirates NBD, Main Branch, Baniyas Road, Deira, P.O. Box. 777, Dubai, UAE
Beneficiary: MOTIVATE PUBLISHING FZ-LLC
Payment in UAE Dirham:
Account Number: 1011075647601
IBAN Number: AE190260001011075647601
Swift Code: EBILAEAD
Payment in US Dollars:
Account Number: 1021075647602
IBAN Number: AE270260001021075647602
Swift Code: EBILAEAD
- Once the transfer has been made you will need to scan and email proof of payment/bank transfer confirmation, quoting your company name and DD/ reference number, to our Finance Team in order to complete your booking.
- If you wish to pay by cheque, the cheque must be made payable to MOTIVATE PUBLISHING FZ-LLC and sent to the address below. A payment description should be included with your payment which references your company name and DD/ reference number.
Motivate Media Group
Media One Hotel Office Towers
PO Box 2331
Once the cheque has been sent, you will need to confirm, quoting your company name and DD/ reference number, with our Finance Team in order to complete your booking. Passes will be issued when we receive confirmation of cleared funds.
- Payment options post-Monday 24 February 2020: From 00:01 GST Monday 24 February 2020 onwards, it will no longer be possible to make payment by bank transfer or cheque and we will be accepting payment online by credit card or you can choose to pay at the Festival. At the Festival, you can pay in cash (in USD or AED) or by credit card.
- Booking requests will only be processed with full pre-payment.
- All invoices will be sent electronically to the email address provided by you at the time of booking. Our official email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot re-issue invoices. Invoices only refer to the currency in which payment has been made.
- When you request a Pass online, you must have previously linked your username and password which you will use to access the “My Account” area (your “Account”) of the Website and to book as a delegate. You are responsible for preventing unauthorised use of your username and password. You must keep your username and password confidential at all times as you are responsible for all activities undertaken through your Account. You agree to log-off from your Account at the end of each session and to contact us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your username/password and/or Account. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
- General: Ascential agrees that it will take appropriate technical and organisational measures against the accidental, unlawful or unauthorised processing, destruction, loss, damage or disclosure of personal data received or used in fulfilling its obligations under these terms and conditions. In these terms and conditions personal data is as defined by all laws and regulations (as updated, amended or replaced from time to time) applicable to such data.
- Communications: We will use email addresses provided to us (and you shall be responsible for ensuring that each of your delegates consents to the same) to send delegates important Festival information, including but not limited to, speaker announcements, programme updates and invitations to special Festival events, that we believe will enhance their Festival experience. All delegates will have the option to opt out of communications. In agreeing to attend our Festival, you consent and permit Ascential to share your personal information with: (i) the Dubai Government, via our App supplier Evento, in order to comply with local laws and regulations; and (ii) our Festival partner, Motivate Publishing FZ LLC.
DUBAI LYNX DELEGATE LISTING
- To further enable networking among delegates at the Festival, we will share your name, job title, company name and country or city where you are based (the “Delegate Information”) with other delegates, third parties and sponsors via our secure networking service.
- Access: Registered delegates will be able to access the Delegate Information only after they have received their final Booking confirmation, enclosing their unique delegate ID. All registered delegates will appear on the delegate listing once the service has been made live, which enables other registered delegates (via a login) to contact you prior to and during the Festival. Access will be made available to participating delegates via the official Dubai Lynx mobile App.
- You are in control: Delegates’ email address and telephone numbers will not be made public through the delegate listing. If a delegate chooses to message another delegate, the message will be sent from the delegate’s profile. If a delegate chooses to reply, further communication will continue through the delegates’ chat function. All delegates can opt out of the chat function by logging into the official Dubai Lynx mobile App and opting out through the App settings once the App has gone live. If a delegate opts out, this will disable contact from other delegates and deny access to the delegate listing. After the Festival, the delegate listing will be discontinued, and all Delegate Information will be removed from the listing.
- Ascential reserves the right to deny access and remove any delegates from the delegate listing for inappropriate use. You consent to use the delegate listing respectfully and solely to network, exchange ideas and contact details where appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE FESTIVAL, NAME CHANGES AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- It may be necessary for reasons beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, due to acts of God, severe weather, fire, explosion, military or terrorist acts (or threats of any such acts), any industrial action or widespread illness) to alter the advertised content, timing and/or location of the Festival or to cancel the Festival. We reserve the right to do this at any time and we shall not be liable to you for any cost or other expenses (including wasted costs and expenses) incurred by you and/or your delegate(s) as a consequence (including, without limitation, Pass fees and travel and accommodation expenses).
- Any requests to replace one delegate for another must be made via the Confirmed Bookings section of your “My Account” area. From 00:01 GST Sunday 8 March 2020, it will no longer be possible to request to replace a delegate via the Confirmed Bookings section of your “My Account” area. You will need to request to replace a delegate at the registration desk at the Festival – a written approval to replace the delegate will be required. If the Pass has already been issued, it will not be possible to replace the delegate. Passes are non-transferable.
- Cancellations must be made via the Confirmed Bookings section of your “My Account” area.
- Cancellations of Passes, awards seats or table bookings are not eligible for a refund or for credit. This policy also applies to downgrades.
- If you wish to request an upgrade or downgrade to a Pass (e.g. from a “Full Delegate” to a “Full Delegate + Awards Seat” or vice versa respectively), please visit the “My Account” area of our Website. Additional fees will apply to Pass upgrades. No refunds/credit will be given for Pass downgrades.
- No refunds or credits will be given for non-attendance at the Festival.
- All rights in all presentations, documentation and materials published or otherwise made available as part of the Festival (including but not limited to any audio or audio-visual recording of the Festival) (“Content”) is owned by us or is included with the permission of the owner of the rights. No (i) photography, filming or recording; or (ii) republication, broadcast or other dissemination of the Content is permitted without our prior written consent. You shall not distribute, reproduce, modify, store, transfer or in any other way use any of the Content (save that use by the relevant delegate for internal business purposes shall be permitted) without our prior written consent, and in particular (but without limitation) you shall not (and shall procure that each of your delegates shall not) without our prior written consent:
- upload any Content into any shared system;
- include any Content in a database;
- include any Content in a website or on any intranet;
- transmit, re-circulate or otherwise make available any Content to anyone else;
- make any commercial use of the Content whatsoever; or
- use Content in any way that might infringe third party rights or that may bring us or any of our affiliates into disrepute.
- The Content does not necessarily reflect our views or opinions and only reflects those of the speaker, presenter or performer.
- Suggestions or advice contained in the Content should not be relied upon in place of professional or other advice. Whilst we take reasonable care to ensure that the Content created by us is accurate and complete, some of it is supplied by third parties and we are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You should verify the accuracy of any information (whether supplied by us or third parties) before relying on it. The Content is provided on an “AS IS” basis without any warranties of any kind (express or implied). We hereby exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liabilities, costs, claims, damages, losses and/or expenses arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the Content or arising from any infringing, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material in the Content.
- To the extent that any Content is made available by us online we reserve the right to suspend or remove access to such Content at any time.
- Any and all intellectual property in the Dubai Lynx trophies (including, without limitation, all copyright, design rights and trademark rights) is the property of Ascential, and Ascential has the exclusive right to reproduce, manufacture, copy, and sell the Dubai Lynx trophies in any size or medium, and to distribute or exploit the design of the Dubai Lynx trophies or reproductions of the same by gift, sale, re-sale or licence. Save as expressly provided herein, no reproduction, replica or other copy of the Dubai Lynx trophies may be made or used by any manufacturer, advertiser, organisation or individual unless it has the prior express written consent or a licence from Ascential.
- Ascential brings together creative views, market experts, global brands and tech gurus, along with the Awards honouring the industry’s game-changing ideas. Organisations present in Dubai during the Festival are asked to share responsibility and agree to the following conditions of participation.
- By hosting an event in Dubai during the Festival you agree that:
- You shall not, directly or indirectly, organise, fund or sponsor any conflicting or competing activity in Dubai during the Festival unless your company/organisation is permitted to do so for the Festival and it is acting in conjunction with Ascential;
- You shall not, directly or indirectly, engage in activities that are identical or similar to those conducted by Ascential during the Festival, or that otherwise takes commercial advantage, or is parasitic of the Festival, its brand, trademark or goodwill;
- You shall not entice Festival delegates, sponsors or speakers away from the Festival with the intention of presenting your own competitive commercial activities which run contrary to the Festival or are to its detriment. You shall not engage Festival delegates, sponsors or speaker to participate in or support your event or competitive commercial activity which undermines or damages the Festival;
- You shall not use the name, trademarks or logos of the Festival or the Ascential business name to promote your event or competitive commercial activity without our prior written consent or licence; and
- You shall not engage in promotional or branding activities, including but not limited to the distribution of leaflets, brochures or flyers whether before, during or after the Festival unless agreed in writing with Ascential.
- We reserve the right to procure the cancellation of any event that you host or manage, whether before, during or after the Festival, that is in breach of any of the terms of Clause 42, without any liability to you.
- You acknowledge and agree that damage to Ascential’s brands, goodwill and reputation are reasonably foreseeable consequences of a breach by you of Clause 42.
- Ascential accepts no liability to you and will not pay any compensation where the performance of its obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism (or threats of such acts), fire, failure of electric power, failure of hardware or software, cyber security attacks or any collapse of building structures.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Ascential accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage suffered by you in connection with the Festival or your Accommodation (see Section C below), including without limitation any loss or damage to any property left in your Accommodation.
- Ascential will not be liable for any indirect, consequential or pure economic loss or any loss of profit, goodwill or opportunity (whether caused by the negligence of the Festival, its employees, contractors or agents or otherwise).
- Ascential’s aggregate liability to you in respect of all losses, liabilities or damage suffered by you arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or your attendance at the Festival, howsoever arising and whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action or otherwise, will not exceed the value of the Pass.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will operate to exclude or limit Ascential’s liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of our employees or subcontractors, for any fraudulent misrepresentation by any of the foregoing or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
- You will ensure that we, our staff and our affiliates will not suffer or incur any loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind arising from or in connection with any act or omission by you (including anyone acting on your behalf) during or otherwise in relation to the Festival.
- These Terms and Conditions and the rights and obligations of both parties shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales and both parties irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales in respect of any dispute which arises hereunder. As a delegate attending the Festival, you and we are subject to the local laws and regulations of the UAE.
- These Terms and Conditions (together with any documents referred to herein or required to be entered into pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation any booking form) contains the entire agreement and understanding between us and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings or arrangements (both oral and written) relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and any such document.
- You acknowledge that in purchasing a Pass and/or booking any associated Accommodation you have not relied on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall not create, nor shall they be construed as creating, any partnership or agency relationship between us.
- You accept that communication with us may be electronic. We may contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. You agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all such communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal or contractual requirement that such communication be made in writing.
- Save as set out in these Terms and Conditions you are not permitted to re-sell, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of any of your rights or obligations arising under these Terms and Conditions.
- Delegates are informed that all work exhibited at the Festival are strictly for the purpose of criticism and review only and does not constitute any recommendation, endorsement or promotion of the products or services featured therein by Ascential, any of its affiliates, or otherwise. Nothing contained in the work represents the views or opinions of Ascential or its affiliates, or otherwise and no reliance should be placed on any part of the work other than for the purpose of evaluation as an entry to the Festival. Ascential and its affiliates do not accept liability of any kind in respect of the work or any product or service referred to in the work.
SECTION B – ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLYING TO ATTENDANCE
- We ask that all delegates behave respectfully towards their fellow delegates and Festival staff. Delegates must not to do anything which: (a) may bring the Festival or Ascential into disrepute; or (b) be prejudicial to the image and/or reputation of the Festival or the Ascential. Delegates must: (i) comply with all reasonable instructions given by Festival staff, including without limitation in relation to health and safety; (ii) not do anything that would or is likely to endanger other delegates, Festival staff or the general public; and (iii) comply with all local laws, rules and regulations.
- By purchasing a Pass you agree to comply with all security measures which are in place in and around the Festival including, without limitation, any bag checks, metal detectors or scanners.
- Please collect your Pass for the Festival from the registration area indicated in your booking confirmation email.
- Passes must be worn at all times during the Festival. Passes are valid for the booked delegate only and must not be misused. Passes remain the property of Ascential. We reserve the right to deny access to the Festival or confiscate Passes where we consider that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions (including without limitation, Clauses 58 and 59 (Conduct) above).
- If the Pass has already been issued, it will not be possible to transfer the Pass to another delegate. Passes are non-transferable.
- We will not replace lost or stolen Passes. Defacing and/or creating copies of the Pass is a breach of these terms and will be treated as fraud.
AWARDS CEREMONY & DINNER
- If your Pass includes access to the Awards Ceremony & Dinner, you will be issued with a paper invitation upon collecting your Pass.
- If your Pass includes a companion, you will be issued with an additional paper invitation to the Awards Ceremony & Dinner. Companions will not be issued with a Pass and will not have access to the Festival.
FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY AT THE FESTIVAL
- Please note that we may film or take photographs of the Festival. When we are filming, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that delegates that may be in shot are aware (for example, by putting up filming notices). By entering an area where filming or photography is taking place, you are deemed to consent to being filmed or photographed. You grant us a licence (which means permission) to use, edit, reproduce, record, modify, enhance, encode, translate, distribute, play, perform, make available to other users, prepare derivative works of and to display your image and/or your contribution to the film or your photograph (your “Contribution”) (with or without advertising and sponsorship) by any media or methods whether now known or later developed. This licence may be exercised in our sole discretion throughout the world at any time.
- You agree that this licence is: perpetual (which means it lasts forever); royalty-free (which means we won't pay for the permission either now or in the future); and transferable (which means we can transfer the licence to others). You agree that we can sub-license this licence (which means we can grant an equivalent permission to others which may include without limitation our group companies and advertisers or sponsors). You irrevocably and unconditionally waive, in respect of your Contribution, all moral rights to which you may be entitled and any broadly equivalent rights in any territory of the world. This waiver is made in favour of us but shall also extend to our sub-licensees, assignees and successors in title.
SECTION C - ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLYING TO ACCOMMODATION
- We have approached the hotel listed in the ‘plan your trip’ section of the website, allowing you to book the room(s) at agreed competitive rates. Ascential does not represent or warrant that these are the best rates in Dubai and booking your room is entirely at your discretion.
- The agreed hotel rates are only available for registered delegates attending the Festival.
- To book a room please contact us at email@example.com after registering your Pass or Passes.
- Your request will be passed on to the hotel who will contact you in order to complete your booking. The hotel owner is responsible for delivering your accommodation to you, not Ascential. Any complaints and claims which you wish to make in relation to your accommodation should be directed to (and are the responsibility of) the hotel.
- Your booking fee will need to be paid directly to the hotel, within the requested time limit provided by the hotel.
- Reservations can only be confirmed and guaranteed by the hotel directly as they are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- If two delegates intend to share a room, please specify when submitting your request.
- Not paying your booking fee may result in the cancellation of hotel reservation (as advised by the hotel).
- If you choose the Club Pass, please note that accommodation is valid for the options you have chosen.
- Club Pass 3 is valid for three nights from 9 -11 March 2020 (check-out on the 12 March 2020)
- Club Pass 4 is valid for four nights from 9 – 12 March 2020 (check-out on the 13 March 2020
- The minimum stay is three nights.
- The amount for the hotel will be added to the price of your Pass.
- Full payment for the Club Pass is required to confirm the accommodation booking and there are no refunds for Club Pass bookings.
- For any additional nights you may require please contact, book and pay directly with the hotel. The hotel will require credit card details to confirm your booking of your additional nights.
- Please check individual hotel cancellation policies below:
Mina A Salam:
- Please note that accommodation booked as part of your Club Pass 3 or Club Pass 4 is 100% non-refundable. If you are cancelling Club Pass 3 or Club Pass 4 please note that accommodation will be cancelled automatically.
- No-shows may be charged for the full stay.
- Please note that if you are cancelling a Festival pass, you will need to cancel accommodation separately with the hotel. Ascential Events (Europe) Limited accepts no liability for the cancellation of your hotel accommodation bookings whatsoever.
- Without prejudice to Clauses 46 to 50 of these Terms and Conditions, Ascential accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage suffered by you in booking accommodation with the hotels (including any loss of or damage to any property left in your hotel). We do not guarantee any rooms and make no representations in respect of hotel facility or quality and are not hotel agents. The hotels listed are for information only and availability is not guaranteed.